All at discount prices. Enjoy a large selection and free shipping every day! Kershaw Limited Run Ken Onion Leek Assisted Flipper Knife 3" Blackwash Composite Wharncliffe Blade, Carbon Fiber Handles - 1660CFCBBW For Sale
1660CFCBBW Blackwash Ken Onion Leek with Composite Edge, Carbon FiberKershaw Knives
The Leek's drop point blade is made of a patent pending composite steel with a spine of 14C28N fused with a cutting edge of CPM-D2. The blade design shows the interface of the two steels. The thing to consider is that, if the entire blade was made of this super steel, it would cost 2 to 3 times what this knife costs. By combining the steels this way, you get all the benefit of the D2 steel, at this fantastic price.Swordmakers have long known that the ideal blade is often a combination of different steels, each chosen for its unique properties. That's the idea behind Kershaw's composite blade knives, including the Composite Leek.The two steels in Kershaw's composite blade knives retain their individual qualities, yet interact with each other and work in concert. The patent-pending technology that makes the modern composite blade possible delivers exactly the type of steel you need where you need it. The Composite Leek offers the pocket-perfect size and styling of the Ken Onion Leek combined with the high-performance composite blade. It features the same two high-performance steels married in an even higher performance blade. The blade is paired with a carbon fiber handle for durability and good looks.The index trigger serves both as an ambidextrous opening aid and as a finger guard when the knife is open. With a simple push on the index trigger, the closed knife quickly springs open using The Ken Onion SpeedSafe torsion bar technology to propel the blade to an open and locked position. The dual thumb studs serve as the positive stop for the blade. The notched thumb ramp of the blade provides a secure placement for the index finger or thumb to rest on during use. This awesome knife comes with Kershaw's BlackWash finish that gives this Leek an already-broken-in look, like your favorite pair of well-worn jeans.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made in the USA - When you see this on one of their knives, it means it was made in their Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade Length: 3"
- Closed Length: 4"
- Overall Length: 7"
- Blade Material: 14C28N/D2 Composite Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Blackwash
- Handle Material: Carbon Fiber
- Liner Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Liner
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up/Down, Right Carry
- Weight: 2.4 oz.
- Made in the USA