3880 ThermiteKershaw Knives TACTICAL AND PRACTICAL
A thermite is a mixture that, when ignited, produces a huge amount of heat. And we think you'll agree, the Thermite is hot.With tactical styling and practical performance, the Thermite, designed by Rick Hinderer, has a great look and great features. The Thermite offers Rick's no-nonsense functionality, but with enough style that co-workers will look on with a satisfying touch of envy when you take the Thermite out of your pocket.The 3 1/2-in. stonewashed blade is hollow-ground for excellent slicing capabilities with a flat-ground "spanto" tip for strong piercing. A machined G-10 front scale and a heavily textured backspacer add to the Thermite's good looks. On the practical side, the back handle is stainless steel with a frame lock and lockbar stabilizer. For easy opening, the Thermite is SpeedSafe-equipped and can be accessed with the ambidextrous flipper or thumbstud. It comes equipped with Kershaw's Quad-Carry/deep-carry pocketclip.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Quad-carry - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock with lockbar stabilizer
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry; deep-carry
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 front, 410 steel back
- Blade length: 3 1/2 in. (8.9 cm)
- Closed length: 4 7/8 in. (20 cm)
- Overall length: 8 3/8 in. (21.3 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz.
- Made in China