Fatback Folding KnifeKershaw Knives
No, the Fatback does not have a fat back. In fact, it has a rather slim handle. But to ensure you always have an extra secure grip, it does have some extra fat texturing on its glass-filled nylon handle.Actually, Kershaw calls it the Fatback because it’s one very tasty knife. Like bacon.The handsome blade is a sharp spear point shape. The 8CrMoV blade steel, with Kershaw’s precision heat treatment, provides long-lasting edge retention, as well as strength and hardness. Black-oxide coating offers an additional measure of blade protection and non-reflectivity.The Fatback opens with Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening for smooth, one-handed opening. The pivot is oversized and decorative. The handle is drilled to support the four-position pocket clip—so you can carry tip-up/down, left/right, whatever your preferred carry position. And finally, the Fatback’s deep-carry pocket clip lets the knife ride securely and comfortably low in the pocket.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- 4-Position - The user may position the pocket clip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.75" (19.7 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Spear Point
- Blade Finish: Black Oxide
- Handle Material: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up/Down, Left/Right Carry
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (102.1 g)