1620B Black DLC ScallionKershaw Knives
The Scallion is one of Kershaw's most popular knives and for good reason. With its handy 2.25" blade, the Scallion is the perfect size for lightweight and convenient pocket carry. While it can easily handle just about any task, its smaller size makes it low on the intimidation factor.The Scallion features a high-carbon stainless steel blade with good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The DLC coating gives the blade a matte black tactical look and it's easy to maintain, too. Of course, one of the Scallion's coolest features is SpeedSafe assisted opening. With SpeedSafe, you can open the blade one-handed. Just pull back on the ambidextrous blade protrusion or push on the thumb stud and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. The Scallion's handle scales are and injection molded polyimide over steel liners. The Scallion's handle is strong, lightweight, and ergonomic.For safety, it has a locking liner to keep it locked safely open and a Tip-Lock to keep it locked safely closed during transport. If you'd like to see a little tactical folder in your pocket, the black Scallion just may be your knife.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Two-position pocket clip
- Steel: 420HC, DLC coated
- Handle: Black Polyimide
- Blade length: 2.25" (5.8 cm)
- Closed length: 3.5" (8.4 cm)
- Overall length: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Made in USA